Roland VersaUV technology enables you to add that personal touch – literally – to almost any object. Print clear UV gloss in layers to create textures, 3D effects and finishes in both matt and gloss finishes to create amazing multi-sensory gifts. Added to the vibrant CMYK and bright white inks, you can ensure the recipient will have something in their perfect style.
These colours and textures are possible on a multitude of substrates including wood, canvas, board, leather, textiles, ceramics, PVC, plastics (including PET, ABS, PC and TPU), acrylics, some metals and, with a primer, many more unusual materials. This flexibility makes UV technology incredibly exciting for the creative and business potential it offers. You can complete both long or short runs – even single units.
But with February 14th coming up fast, here are more than 80 or so heart-beating, money-making gift ideas you can create for your customers on Valentine’s day using VersaUV technology:
For luxury lovers, gifts like jewellery can be made even more special with a personalised message or symbol. Or, how about these:
• Lipstick cases
• Perfume bottles
• Manicure and pamper sets
• A box or tin filled with luxury soap, a special message, chocolates, or even a ring (check out our little video on how you can make your own chocolate mould too using a Roland milling machine!)
• A vanity case or wash bag for that romantic weekend away
• A big bottle of champagne with a personalised label to share
And, for that special bottle of fizz, you might want a glass charm or presentation box – it's the detail that makes a gift special. For those who like a tipple – or simply a cup of coffee – there are plenty of personalisation opportunities. Try these:
• Wine bottle toppers
• Wine boxes
• Bottle openers
• Coffee machines
• Wine coolers for a romantic night in
• Wine bottle labels
• Water bottles and thermal flasks
• Sports helmets
• Sports shoes and trainers
• Smart running and exercising wristbands
• Hockey pucks
• Passport wallets
To go with that personalised passport cover, fashion lovers need unique luggage tags, a sunglasses case and watch – how else will they catch that flight to a romantic holiday destination?! Here are some other ideas for fashion-conscious recipients:
• Button covers
• Handbags and purses
• Belt buckles
• Compact mirrors
For techy types, personalisation is perfect. The latest smartphone might look great, but adding a cover – or even a design printed on the phone itself – [link to phone / tablet blog article] makes it a must-have gadget and a gorgeous gift. Or how about these ideas?
• Tablets and tablet covers
• Laptops and laptop covers
• Mousemats and mice
• USB memory sticks for all those romantic photos
• Remote control covers
• Games consoles
For music lovers there are so many opportunities for personalised gifts. Go pocket-sized with monogrammed guitar plectrums or add a favourite colour to mini speakers – those love songs won't play themselves! Or get creative with these:
• Guitar bodies and cases
• Drum skins
Don't forget the real loves our lives – our pets! Collars, name tags and the outside of food or water bowls can all be printed with pets' names, in almost infinite style and colour combinations. For the animal (or animal lover) who has everything, how about:
• Treat jars, tins and pots
• Floor mats
• Bird houses
• Signs or name plaques for the outside of pet cages or tanks – perfect for hamsters, guinea pigs, chinchillas, rats and gerbils, and even pet snakes, lizards and other creepy crawlies!
In fact, if you look around you you'll find a world of things to customise. Ornaments and homewares make fantastic gifts for any occasion, with personalisation really showing the thought that has gone into them. Decorate a unique photo frame or photo block – remember VersaUV can print on materials as diverse as metal, leather and wood – or create a canvas or glass print to commemorate a special moment or holiday.
There's just so much to choose from, but how about these?
• Drinks coasters
• Vases or glass ornaments
• Ceramic tiles with a special message, date or picture for the kitchen or bathroom
• Unique pictures, messages or invitations printed onto wood
• Fridge magnets
• Or even whole refrigerators!
• Door signs for a man cave or shed
• Toy and storage boxes
• Book cases and shelves
• For craft lovers, UV gloss can be used to make intricately designed custom stamps for leather stamping, or traditional embossing and craft applications – so they can decorate their home their way
• A life-size picture of yourself for your loved one for when you're not around!
How about gifts for DIYers, literary lovers, sun worshipers, artists and crafters, photographers, workaholics, culture vultures and petrolheads? It's over to you – what perfect present could you print this Valentine's Day? And don't forget the wrapping paper – you can print your very own design with Roland DG VersaUV printing technology!
UV printing could have a big impact on your business. Bringing unusual work in-house can increase quality control and profit margins, as well as marking you out as a creative force. There's a Roland DG UV printer to suit every business, from entry-level upwards, all offering specific applications and benefits yet simple to use. Get in touch for more information, to get your hands on printed samples or – even better – to try the VersaUV range yourself. You'll fall in love with the possibilities.
Check out all of the products in the VersaUV range and get in touch to book a demonstration today.
Have a great – and unique – Valentine's Day!